Rhode Island: 4-17, 0-9 A-10
La Salle: 13-8, 6-3 A-10
Location: Ryan Center – Kingston, R.I.
Date: Wednesday, Feb. 1
Tip-off Time: 7 p.m. EST
Live Stats | Video | Twitter
RHODE ISLAND VS. LA SALLE - SERIES NOTES
- Wednesday's game will be the 32nd in the all-time series between La Salle and Rhode Island. The Explorers lead the series, 25-6.
- Earlier this season, La Salle defeated Rhode Island 70-51 on Jan. 9. Four players scored in double figures for the Explorers in that meeting, led by Amy Griffin's 15 points. La Salle also got 14 points from Micahya Owens, 12 from Ashanti Freeland and 10 from Lisa Mintzer.
- Rhode Island is just 2-12 all-time against La Salle at home. However, Rhody has won each of the last two meetings at the Ryan Center, including a 62-52 victory last season.
- Wednesday's game features the league's two leading scorers. La Salle's Amy Griffin is scoring 19.9 points per game, while Rhody's Charise Wilson averages 18.9 per contest. Wilson has missed the last two games for the Rams with an injury.
- La Salle already has more than doubled its win total from a year ago. After going 5-25 in 2015, the Explorers have won 13 games this season.
JOHNSON FINDS SCORING TOUCH AT DAYTON
- Sophomore Amari Johnson scored 12 points at Dayton on Saturday, tying for team-high honors.
- It was the third time this season Johnson has reached double figures in scoring. She had a season-high 13 against Marist on Nov. 13 and had 10 points at St. Bonaventure on Dec. 28.
- Against Dayton, Johnson made a career-high three 3-point shots in five attempts.
- She is the fifth different player to make at least three treys in one game this season for Rhode Island. Charise Wilson (7 times), Morgan Johnson (5), Dominique Ward (2) and Ednaija Lassiter (2) also have done it.
ROSS PROVIDING MORE ON OFFENSE
- At Dayton, sophomore Jalissa Ross scored a season-high 12 points.
- Over her last five contests, Ross is averaging 6.8 points per game while shooting .500 from the floor (13-of-26).
- Before the recent stretch, Ross had scored six or more points just three times in 16 games.
- Ross also has played 31.6 minutes per game over the last five contests.
- One big area of improvement for Ross has been at the free throw line, where she has made seven of her last 11 attempts.
ODDS AND ENDS
- Rhode Island is third in the A-10 with 5.7 blocked shots per game and have blocked 119 shots on the season.
- Rhody has blocked five or more shots 12 times.
- Fourteen of Rhode Island's 21 games thus far have been decided by double digits, with 11 of the contests being decided by 15 points or more.