Rhode Island: 4-16, 0-8 A-10
Dayton: 13-7, 8-1 A-10
Location: UD Arena – Dayton, Ohio
Date: Saturday, Jan. 22
Tip-off Time: 2 p.m. EST
Live Stats | Video | Twitter
RHODE ISLAND VS. DAYTON - SERIES NOTES
- Saturday will be the 25th meeting all time between Rhode Island and Dayton.
- Dayton leads the series, 20-4. The Flyers have won 12 straight games between the schools.
- Rhode Island has not beaten the Flyers since a 66-49 victory at the Atlantic 10 Championship tournament on March 5, 2004 in Philadelphia.
- The Rams have never won on the road against the Flyers, losing all 11 of their visits to Dayton.
- Dayton enters Saturday on a seven-game winning streak and with 11 victories in its last 12 contest. The lone loss in the stretch came at Virginia.
- Rhody enters the game on a 13-game losing streak. The Rams are still in search of their first A-10 win.
- Dayton is the second-leading scoring team in the Atlantic 10, averaging 66.5 points per game.
- The Flyers attack the offensive boards, averaging 14.2 offensive rebounds per game, third in the league.
- The Flyers average a league-best 6.9 3-point baskets per game, while Rhode Island makes 6.3 from beyond the arc per contest.
MOTRECHUK TOPS 50 BLOCKS
- With three blocked shots against Saint Joseph's Wednesday, sophomore Dina Motrechuk became the first Rhode Island player in 36 years to record 50 in a season.
- The last player to do so was Naomi Graves, who had 76 in 1980-81.
- Graves set the program's single-season record with 77 blocks during the 1979-80 season.
- Motrechuk leads the Atlantic 10 with 52 blocks. She has 12 more blocks than any other player in the league.
- Despite being in her sophomore season, Motrechuk already ranks eighth in program history with 61 career blocks. Next on the list are Rebecca Bright (63 from 1991-95), Lindsay Harris (64 from 2006-10) and Whitney Hollis (66 from 2004-08).
ODDS AND ENDS
- Rhode Island played without Charise Wilson Wednesday against Saint Joseph's. It was the first time in her career Wilson did not start for the Rams, snapping a streak of 79 games.
- Dominique Ward scored eight points against the Hawks, her most since getting eight against Dartmouth on Dec. 18.
- Ward leads the team in 3-point field goal percentage (.321) and is second in scoring (7.6 points per game), rebounding (5.0 per game), assists per game (1.6), steals per game (1.6) and blocks per game (1.0).
- Taylor Raysor matched her career high last time out, scoring eight points against the Hawks.
- Morgan Johnson, Nicole Jorgensen, Ednaija Lassiter, Dina Motrechuk and Jalissa Ross are the only Rams to play in every game this season. Johnson is the only team member to start every contest.