Rhode Island: 4-12, 0-4 A-10
Richmond: 8-9, 2-2 A-10
Location: Ryan Center – Kingston, R.I.
Date: Saturday, Jan. 14
Tip-off Time: 2 p.m. EST
Live Stats | Video | Twitter
RHODE ISLAND VS. RICHMOND - SERIES NOTES
- Saturday's game will be the 20th in the all-time series between Richmond and Rhode Island. The Spiders lead the series, 16-3.
- Rhode Island won the most recent meeting in the series, beating Richmond 57-50 on the road on Jan. 9, 2016. The Rams scored the first 12 points of the game and pushed their lead to as many as 15 points in the second half en route to the victory, which snapped a 15-game losing streak against the Spiders that dated back to the 2002-03 season.
- Richmond is 6-1 all-time in games played in Kingston. The only time Rhode Island has won in the series at home was on Feb. 23, 2003, the first season of basketball in the Ryan Center.
- Richmond takes good care of the basketball, leading the Atlantic 10 with a +1.5 turnover margin per game. The Spiders commit 13.9 turnovers per game. Rhode Island forces a league-best 16.6 turnovers per game.
- Richmond comes in to the game having lost two of its last three contests.
- Rhode Island enters the game looking to snap a nine-game losing streak.
- Richmond's Lauren Tolson is the league's best free throw shooter, shooting .930 at the line.
WILSON APPROACHING URI'S 3-POINT RECORD
- Junior Charise Wilson has 180 career 3-pointers, leaving her just five shy of Rhody's career mark of 185, held by Safi Mojidi (2004-08).
- The only other player ahead of Wilson in team history is Dayna Smith (184 from 1992-96).
- With 36 3-pointers this season, Wilson ranks fourth in the A-10.
- Wilson is averaging 2.3 3-pointers per game.
JOHNSON LOGGING CAREER-HIGH MINUTES
- Junior captain Morgan Johnson has stepped up for Rhode Island over the last two games, playing 79 of a possible 80 minutes over the stretch.
- She never came off the floor at UMass, playing all 40 minutes.
- At La Salle, Johnson played 39 of 40 minutes.Before the UMass game, her previous career high in minutes was 33, which Johnson did earlier this season at Fairfield.
- Johnson is averaging career bests with 6.1 points and 2.6 rebounds per game.
- She is ninth in the A-10 this season with 1.8 3-pointers per game and 10th with 29 total treys.
MOTRECHUK 11TH NATIONALLY IN BLOCKED SHOTS
- Sophomore Dina Motrechuk leads the Atlantic 10 and ranks 11th in the country with 42 blocked shots.
- Motrechuk averages 2.63 blocks per game, the 18th best average in the nation.
- She has three more blocks than any other player in the A-10.
- Against Dartmouth on Dec. 18, she tied the program record with six blocked shots. It was the second time this season she has had six in a game.
- She is the fourth player in team history to block six in one game, and the only one to do it twice.
- Motrechuk has four or more blocks in seven games, and nine blocks over her last two contests.
ODDS AND ENDS
- Junior Charise Wilson is tied for ninth place with Carol Smith (1980-84) in program history with 277 career assists. She needs three more to move into sole possession of seventh place in program history.
- Wilson is fourth in the A-10 with 4.5 assists per game.
- Rhode Island is averaging 18.6 turnovers per game, though the Rams are giving it up just 14.2 times per contest over the last five games.
- Wilson has 154 career steals and needs just 14 to reach 50 for the third consecutive season.