Rhode Island: 4-11, 0-3 A-10
La Salle: 8-6, 1-2 A-10
Location: Gola Arena – Philadelphia, Pa.
Date: Monday, Jan. 9
Tip-off Time: 7:05 p.m. EST
Live Stats | Twitter
RHODE ISLAND VS. LA SALLE - SERIES NOTES
- Monday's game will be the 31st in the all-time series between La Salle and Rhode Island.
- The game will be broadcast to a national television audience on CBS Sports Network. Ed Cohen will deliver the play-by-play, while Julianne Viani will be the color analyst.
- The Explorers lead the series, 24-6.Rhode Island is just 3-11 all-time against La Salle in Philadelphia. However, the teams have met five times over the last two seasons, with Rhode Island winning four of the contests, including a 65-60 victory in the Atlantic 10 Championship tournament last season.
- The Rams won in their visit to Gola Arena last season, beating the Explorers 72-61 on Jan. 16. Charise Wilson scored 21 points to lead the Rams to the victory.
- Monday's game features the league's two leading scorers. La Salle's Amy Griffin is scoring 20.8 points per game, while Rhody's Charise Wilson averages 19.2 per contest.
- La Salle already has surpassed its win total from a year ago. After going 5-25 in 2015, the Explorers have won eight games this season.
- The Explorers are 5-2 since the start of December.
- Rhode Island enters the game looking to snap an eight-game losing streak.
WILSON MOVES INTO 8TH PLACE ON SCORING LIST
- With 26 points at Massachusetts on Jan. 4, junior Charise Wilson passed Tanya Rhodes for eighth place in scoring in program history. Wilson now has 1,287 points.
- Rhodes had 1,281 points from 2002-06.
- Wilson needs 31 points to catch Megan Shoniker, who had 1,318 points from 2007-11.
- Over her last three games, Wilson has scored 93 points.
- It is the second time this season she has scored 90-plus points in a three-game span. She scored 95 points against Samford, Fairfield and UMass Lowell during a stretch from Nov. 20-29.
- She has topped 30 points four times this season, and six times in her career.
- The rest of the A-10 has combined to produce four 30-point performances.
- Wilson ranks 68th nationally in career points among active players. She is seventh among non-seniors.
MOTRECHUK 13TH NATIONALLY IN BLOCKED SHOTS
- Sophomore Dina Motrechuk leads the Atlantic 10 and ranks 13th in the country with 38 blocked shots.
- Motrechuk averages 2.5 blocks per game and has five more blocks than any other player in the A-10.
- Against Dartmouth on Dec. 18, she tied the program record with six blocked shots. It was the second time this season she has had six in a game.
- Motrechuk has four or more blocks in six games.Rhode Island is third in the A-10 with 5.9 per game.
- Rhode Island has 88 blocked shots on the season. Rhody have blocked five or more shots nine times.
JOHNSON MAKES A CAREER-BEST FIVE 3-POINTERS
- Last time out at Massachusetts, junior Morgan Johnson made five 3-pointers, her personal best.
- Her fifth 3-pointer at UMass also was the 50th from beyond the arc of her career.
- She is now second on the team and sixth in the Atlantic 10 with 28 3-pointers on the season.
ODDS AND ENDS
- Charise Wilson currently has 271 career assists and needs one more to tie Michele Washington (1982-86) for 10th place in Rhode Island history.
- Wilson is fourth in the A-10 with 4.4 assists per game.
- Wilson is 10th in Rhode Island history with 447 field goals. Next on the list are Carol Smith (449 from 1980-84), Marcie Byrd (451 from 1992-96) and Anne Kelsen (456 from 1989-93).
- Junior Dominique Ward averages a team-high 34.9 minutes per game.
- While Rhode Island is averaging 18.7 turnovers per game, the Rams are giving it up just 13.5 times per contest over the last four games.