Rhode Island: 4-8, 0-0 A-10
Location: Reilly Center – St. Bonaventure, N.Y.
Date: Wednesday, Dec. 28
Tip-off Time: 4 p.m. EST
Live Stats | Twitter | Video
RHODE ISLAND VS. ST. BONAVENTURE - SERIES NOTES
- Wednesday's game is the Atlantic 10 opener for both teams.It will be the 51st meeting all-time between Rhode Island and St. Bonaventure. The Bonnies lead the all-time series, 27-23.
- St. Bonaventure won last season's meeting, 69-56. Rhode Island guard Charise Wilson had 17 points, seven rebounds and seven assists in the loss for the Rams. Nyla Rueter had a game-high 25 points, making six 3-point shots for the Bonnies.
- The Rams are 7-17 all time when playing at St. Bonaventure.
- St. Bonaventure has won the last eight games between the teams.Rhode Island's last victory in the series came on March 7, 2008 when the Rams beat St. Bonaventure 61-49 in the Atlantic 10 Championship tournament, then held in Philadelphia.
- Rhode Island last won at St. Bonaventure on Jan. 4, 2005 in a 71-60 victory.
- The Rams have lost five straight contests at the Reilly Center.
- Rhode Island enters the game looking for its first victory of December. The Rams have dropped their first five games of the month. Rhody's last victory was a 64-57 win at UMass Lowell on Nov. 29.
- St. Bonaventure is 1-4 thus far in December.
ROSS HITTING THE GLASS FOR RAMS
- Sophomore Jalissa Ross has been active on glass for Rhode Island of late, averaging 6.7 rebounds over the last three games.
- Ross has led the team in rebounds in each of the last two games, grabbing seven boards at Kansas and then a season-high eight against Dartmouth.
- She has had five or more rebounds in four of the last five games.
- In the first seven games of the season, Ross did not have more than four rebounds in any contest.
- Her rebounding average is up to 3.8 per game.
- She is shooting .500 (5-10) from the floor in the last four games.
MOTRECHUK 9TH NATIONALLY IN BLOCKED SHOTS
- Sophomore center Dina Motrechuk leads the Atlantic 10 and ranks ninth in the country with 33 blocked shots through 12 games.
- Motrechuk averages 2.75 blocks per game and has five more blocks than any other player in the conference.
- Last time out against Dartmouth she tied the program record with six blocked shots. It was the second time this season she has had six in a game.
- Motrechuk has four or more blocks in five games.
- As a team, Rhode Island is second in the conference with 6.3 blocked shots per game.
- Rhode Island has 75 blocked shots on the season.
ODDS AND ENDS
- Nine of Rhode Island's 11 games thus far have been decided by double digits, with seven of the contests being decided by 15 points or more.
- Junior Morgan Johnson leads the Rams with 19 3-point baskets this season.
- Charise Wilson currently has 258 career assists and needs 14 more to crack Rhode Island's all-time top 10.
- The rest of the team has 209 career assists combined.
- Wilson also has more career points (1,194) than the rest of the team combined (1,053).