Rhode Island: 0-0
Location: Ryan Center – Kingston, R.I.
Date: Monday, Nov. 7
Tip-off Time: 7 p.m.
Game Notes - Rhode Island
RHODE ISLAND VS. BRIDGEPORT - ALL-TIME SERIES
- Rhode Island and Bridgeport have met once before, a 104-46 victory for the Rams during the 1975-76 season. It was the first season of women's basketball in Rhody history.
- Monday's game is an exhibition and will not count toward either team's official statistics.
- Admission to the game is free for all guests.
- Bridgeport competes in Division II's East Coast Conference. The Purple Knights were picked fifth in the league's preseason poll after finishing 10-18 overall and 8-12 in league play a year ago.
- This is the first exhibition game for Rhode Island since it hosted UMass Lowell at the start of the 2010-11 season. Rhody won that game 53-40.
- Charise Wilson ranked second in steals per game in the Atlantic 10 last season with 2.1.
- Fellow junior Dominique Ward was fifth in the conference with 1.9 steals per game.
- The duo combined for 122 steals, the most by any teammates in the league last season.
- Wilson had six steals against VCU on Feb. 17, marking her second time this season and fourth time in her career with six steals in one game.
- URI had 10 or more steals 11 times last season.
ODDS AND ENDS
- Rhode Island averaged 6.9 3-point baskets per game, which ranked second in the conference and 54th in the country. Only Duquesne (7.6) made more per game in the A-10.
- The Rams made a program record 208 3-point shots last season. Rhode Island's previous team record for one season was 152, done in 2007-08.
- Rhode Island had 130 blocked shots last season, the fourth most in a season in program history.
- The Rams have blocked 100 or more shots in three straight seasons.
- Junior guards Charise Wilson and Morgan Johnson and junior forward Tyler Raysor are the team captains this year.