How it Happened
Led by Rock Fortna and Joseph Maguire, the Rhode Island Rams finished 4th of 5 teams at the 8th Annual Brown University Rothenberg Run. Brown, Vermont, and Connecticut finished ahead of Rhody, in that order, with Bryant finishing in 5th. Head Coach John Copeland said that the team ran well, noting a consistent performance across the board, with the top 5 runners separated by only 53 seconds.
The Finish Line
- Junior Rock Fortna finished 15th overall, completing the 8k course in 25:36.
- Sophomore Joseph Maguire was next for the Rams, taking 20th with a time of 25:49. It was his first race dropping below the 26 minute mark.
- Juniors Timothy Slack and Nicholas Celico finished 25th and 26th, respectively, with times of 26:05 and 26:08.
- Freshman Matthew Vinacco finished with a time of 26:33, good for 32nd overall.
- Freshmen Daniel Ruggiero and Nicolas Musumeci finished with times of 26:39 and 26:42, respectively, taking 35th and 36th.
- Freshman Kyle Keefe was right behind Coyne, taking 47th with a time of 27:44.
- Sophomore Brian Coyne finished the course in 27:37, taking 46th overall.
- Senior Charles McLaughlin also ran for the Rams, finished in 50th with a time of 28:30.
1 - Brown (33)
2 - Vermont (39)
3 - Connecticut (59)
4 - Rhode Island (107)
5 - Bryant (153)
The Rams travel to Central Connecticut next Friday, Oct. 20 to run in the annual CCSU Short-Course Race. The 5k race is scheduled to start at 3:30 p.m.