Posted: May 11, 2019
Rhody men's track and field finished competition at the New England Outdoor Championship in second with 109.50 team points. Host Southern Connecticut State took the crown with 112 points.
Highlights from Competition
- Callan Davies won the 110 meter hurdles in 14.18 seconds. Adam Franklin was third in 14.36 seconds.
- Franklin won the 400 meter hurdles in 52.06 seconds.
- Anthony Delasanta placed second in the 400 meters in 47.48 seconds.
- Joseph Carter finished fourth (10.84s) in the 100 meters and Jeff Santos finished seventh (10.91s).
- Carter placed seventh in the 200 meters with a time of 21.81 seconds.
- The 4x800 meter relay team of Shawn Carlson, Rock Fortna, Nathan Coogan, and Sam Coppola won in 7:36.92.
- Andrew Birgin placed sixth in the shot put with a throw of 15.83 meters.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Adam Franklin, Jordan Ross, Dimitri Pray, and Anthony Delasanta placed second in 3:12.76.
- Derek Jacobs finished fourth in the discus with a throw of 47.62 meters.
- Trevor Rooney finished seventh in the triple jump, earning points for the Rams with a mark of 14.15 meters.
- The 4x100 meter relay team of Jordan Ross, Joseph Carter, Justin Marsland, and Julian Thomson won in 41.02 seconds.
- Kellen Waters placed fourth in the 1500 meters in 3:51.17.
- In the high jump, Jack Reichenbach finished fifth with a mark of 1.96 meters.