Rhode Island men's track and field sits in second after day one of New England's. The Rams raked in 20 team points after six events scored in the first day of competition. Host Southern Connecticut State leads with 38 points.
- Callan Davies finished first in the 110 meter hurdle preliminaries, qualifying for Saturday's final in 14.52 seconds. Adam Franklin will join him in the final after crossing the finish line in 14.65 seconds.
- Franklin also qualified for the 400 meter hurdles, finishing first in the prelims in 52.12 seconds.
- Anthony Delasanta was second in the 400m prelims, qualifying for the finals in 48.07 seconds.
- Joseph Carter won the 100 meter prelim, clocking in at 10.84 seconds. Jeff Santos finished seventh, qualifying for the finals on Saturday in 10.95 seconds.
- Carter also qualified for the 200 meter final with a prelim time of 21.77 seconds.
Highlights from Competition
- Jack Reichenbach placed third in the long jump after leaping 7.27 meters.
- Thomas Vadis finished fifth in the hammer throw with a mark of 56.43 meters.
- In the javelin, both Greg McManus (59.06m) and Sawyer Moe (58.86m) earned points for the Rams, finishing sixth and seventh.
- Joe Maguire finished fourth in the 5000 meter (14:49.37).
The Rams wrap up competition at New England's on Saturday beginning at 10:00 a.m.