Apr 20, 2019
Holy Cross Invitational
Track & Field Complex - Worcester, MA
Rhode Island men's track and field won the Holy Cross Invitational Saturday with 273 team points.
Highlights from the Track
- The 4x100 meter relay team of Jordan Ross, Joseph Carter, Justin Marsland, and Julian Thomson won in 41.57 seconds.
- Joe Maguire won the 5000 meters (14.57.85) and Matthew Vinnacco was fifth (15:34.83).
- Rhody took the 1-2-3-4 in the 800 meters. Nathan Coogan won in 1:53.33, Sam Coppola was second (1:54.02), Nicholas Fitch was third (1:54.55), and Rock Fortna was fourth (1:54.81).
- Kellen Waters won the 1500 meters in 3:55.61. Connor Gralton was third (4:02.02), Nicholas Ceico was fourth (4:02.95) and Eric Zulkofske was sixth (4:09.89).
- Anthony Delasanta won the 100 meter dash in 10.75 seconds. Joseph Carter was third (10.97s) and Jordan Ross was fifth (11.18s).
- Delasanta won the 200 meters in 21.28 seconds. Carter was second (21.83s), David Scheier was fifth (22.24s), and Ross was sixth (22.37s).
- Adam Franklin finished second in the 110 meter hurdles in 14.81 seconds. Callan Davies was third (14.83s).
- Frankin placed second in the 400 meter hurdles (53.34s) and Davies was third (54,85s).
- Timothy Slack won the 3000 meter steeplechase with a time of 9:52.02. Brian Coyne was second (9:56.16) and Colin Gardina was third (10:03.66).
- Rhode Island placed 1-2-3 in the high jump. Eric Wicks won with a mark of 1.90m, while Quindel Wilson (1.90m) and Jack Reichenbach (1.90m) also earned points for the Rams.
- Reichenbach placed second in the long jump (6.79m) and Wicks was fourth (6.69m).
- Andrew Birgin won the shot put with a throw of 15.49 meters. Derek Jacobs was third (14.97m), and Oliver Gunski was fourth (14.08m).
- Jacobs won the discus with a mark of 46.52 meters.
- Thomas Vadis won the hammer throw with a throw of 58.54 meters. Johnathan Buchanan was second (54.54m) and Jide Akinjisola was third (48.45m).
- Dimitri Pray placed second in the 400 meters (49.08s) and Scheier was fifth (50.01s).