Zable Stadium - Williamsburg, VA
Rhode Island is in sixth after the first two days of competition at the Colonial Relays hosted by William & Mary. The Rams have raked in 27.5 team points. Bucknell leads the competition with 35 points.
Thursday's Hammer Throw
- Johnathan Buchanan finished ninth in the championship hammer throw (47.95m) and Jide Akinjisola placed second in the university hammer (47.29m).
Highlights From Friday's Competition
- Anthony Delasanta placed second in the 400 meters with a time of 48.00 seconds. De'Von McGriff (49.59s) was 11th and Jordan Ross (50.62s) was 37th.
- Jack Reichenbach placed second in the championship long jump with a mark of 6.80 meters. Trevor Rooney finished 14th in the university long jump (6.29m).
- Reichenbach was fourth in the championship high jump (1.92m) and Quindel Wilson was second in the university high jump (1.92m).
- Oliver Gunski finished 11th in the championship shot put after throwing 13.72 meters. Nicholas White was 17th in the university shot put with a throw of 13.04m.
- Sawyer Moe placed third in the university javelin with a mark of 50.86 meters, and Lucas Stage finished 15th (43.07m).
- Shawn Carlson finished 25th in the 800 meters with a time of 1:57.60.
- Jeff Santos was 29th in the 100 meters in 11.32 seconds.
- Santos was also 29th in the 200 meters (22.73s) and Ross was 38th (22.97s).
- Adam Franklin finished sixth in the 400 meter hurdles with a time of 54.47 seconds. Callan Davies placed 40th in 58.44 seconds.
- Kellen Waters was 15th in the 1500 meters (3:54.74). Rock Fortna was 27th (3:57.774), Nathan Coogan was 33rd (3:58.465), and Tyler Rubush was 38th (4:00.77).
- Nicholas Celico finished 36th in the 5000 meters with a time of 15:01.61.
The Rams return to the final day of competition tomorrow, April 6. Events are scheduled to begin at 8:30 a.m.