URI Pre-Conference Meet
Friday, Feb. 15 at 3:00 p.m.
Mackal Field House - Kingston, R.I.
This was a non-scoring meet.
Highlights from the Track
- In the 60 meter dash, Joseph Carter was third (7.17s), Nicolo Adorno was fifth (7.27s), Callan Davies was sixth (7.33s), Julian Thomson was seventh (7.46s) and Stephen Cirella was eighth (7.84s).
- Anthony Delasanta won the 200 meters in 22.24 seconds. Joseph Carter was second (22.36s), Jordan Ross was third (22.73s), Julian Thomson was fourth (22.8ss), and Adam Franklin was fifth (23.02) to round out the top five.
- Rock Fortna won the mile with a time of 4:18.32. Connor Gralton was third (4:24.13) and Matthew Vinacco was fourth (4:26.28) to round out the top finishers.
- Quindel Wilson won the high jump with a mark of 1.95 meters.
- Trevor Rooney won the long jump with a jump of 6.82 meters.
- Thomas Vadis won the weight throw with a mark of 17.50 meters. Johnathan Buchanan was third (16.38m) and Abraham Salako was sixth (14.75m).
- Justin Marsland finished fourth in the 400 meter dash with a time of 52.51 seconds.
- Shawn Carlson was second in the 500 meters in 1:06.91 and Nicholas Fitch was third in 1:07.21.
- Nicholas Celico placed third in the 800 meters (2:01.95).
- Adam Franklin finished third in the 60 meter hurdles in 8.30 seconds.
- Derek Jacobs placed second in the shot put, throwing 15.45 meters. Oliver Gunski was third (14.55m), Nicholas White was fourth (14.10m), Andrew Birgin was fifth (13.99m) and Johnathan Buchanan was sixth (13.87m).
The Rams gear up for the Atlantic 10 Indoor Track and Field Championship, hosted by George Mason Feb. 23-24.