Feb 02, 2019
Rhode Island men's track and field finished fourth with 70 team points at the New England Championship. Connecticut took the indoor championship crown earning 194 points in the two-day competition.
- In the 200 meters, Anthony Delasanta was fourth in 21.96 seconds and Joseph Carter was sixth with a time of 22.27 seconds.
- Delasanta also finished second in the 400 meter finals in 48.19 seconds.
- De'Von McGriff finished fifth in the 500 meter final crossing the finish line in 1:04.23.
- Kellen Waters finished third in the 1000 meter final (2:27.66) and Nathan Coogan was eighth (2:35.50).
- Adam Franklin placed fourth in the 60 meter hurdle finals in 8.22 seconds.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Adam Franklin, De"von McGriff, Jordan Ross, and Anthony Delasanta won in 3:15.94.
ICYMI: Day One Finals
- Ryan Wilkes placed second in the pole vault after clearing 4.90m (16' .75").
- Joe Maguire was the lone Ram in the 5000 meters, finishing in 15:05.93 for 10th.
- In the weight throw, Johnathan Buchanan was 13th with a throw of 16.00m (52' 6.0") and Thomas Vadis was 15th with a mark of 15.77m (51' 9.0").
- Trevor Rooney was ninth in the long jump with a leap of 6.79m (22' 3.50"). Jack Reichenbach was 19th with a jump of 6.57m (21' 6.75).
- The distance medley relay team of Rock Fortna, Jordan Ross, Shawn Carlson, and Tyler Rubush finished fifth in 10:01.82.