Dec 08, 2018
Highlights from the Track
- Anthony Delasanta won the 400 meter dash in 49.76 seconds. Adam Franklin finished fourth (50.56s), David Scheier finished eighth (51.53s), Nicolo Adorno finished 10th (51.87s) and Rahsheed Wright was 11th (52.41s).
- Ryan Wilkes won the pole vault with a mark of 4.80 meters (15' 9").
- Joseph Carter finished fifth in the 60 meters (7.12s).
- In the 200 meter dash, Carter finished sixth (22.48s), Delasanta finished seventh (22.51s), William Ross finished ninth (22.55s) and Callan Davies finished 10th (22.62s). Other performers include Justin Marsland who finished 12th (22.82s), Nicolo Adorno who finished 13th (23.16s), and Julian Thomson who finished 16th (23.32s).
- The 4x400m relay team of Joseph Carter, Justin Marsland, William Ross, and Callan Davies finished second in 3:24.85.
- Dimitri Pray finished fourth in the 500 meters in 1:06.57. Charles Miller was 10th (1:08.91).
- Rhode Island took the 1-2-3 in the 1000 meters, with Nathan Coogan finishing first (2:30.35), Kellen Waters second (2:32.23), and Rock Fortna third (2:34.24). Colin Gardina crossed the finish line in 2:35.38 for fifth place, and Connor Gralton was ninth in 2:39.31.
- Nicholas Celico finished fourth in the 3000 meter in 8:33.73. Other Rhody finishers include Joe Maguire (sixth in 8:43.09), Matthew Vinacco (ninth in 8:50.88), Juan Fernandez (11th in 8:56.32) and Eric Zulkofske (13th in 9:25.20).
- Callan Davies placed second in the 60 meter hurdles, crossing the finish line in 8.35 seconds. Adam Franklin was fourth in 8.41 seconds.
- The 4x800m relay team of Rock Fortna, Kellen Waters, Connor Gralton, and Colin Gardina finished second in a time of 7:59.52.
- Jack Reichenbach won the high jump after clearing 2.03 meters (6' 8"). Quindel Wilson was fifth with a mark of 1.93 meters (6' 4").
- Reichenbach also won the long jump in 6.93 meters (22' 9"). Trevor Rooney was fifth (6.62m/21' 8.75").
- Derek Jacobs finished third in the shot put (14.91m/48' 11"), Oliver Gunski placed fourth (14.65m/48' .75"), Andrew Birgin was sixth (14.09m/46' 2.75") and Nicholas White finished seventh (13.86m/45' 5.75").
- Rhody took the top three finishes in the weight throw, with Johnathan Buchanan placing first (15.99m/52' 5.5"), Abraham Salako second (14.85m/48' 8.75") and Derek Jacobs third (13.69m/44' 11"). Oliver Gunski was sixth with a mark of 12.83m (42' 1.25").
The Rams return to competition on Saturday, Jan. 12 at the Beantown Challenge.