BOSTON, MASS. - Day two of the IC4A Championship was in full swing for Rhode Island men's track and field as they had six individuals qualify for the track finals on Sunday, in addition to the 4x400 meter team of Max Dickens, Adam Franklin, Marlon Montague, and Anthony Delasanta that finished the day of competition with the third fastest time in Rhode Island history (3:12.43).
Highlights from the Track
- Casey Burley placed first in the long jump with a mark of 24' 1".
- Brandon Amo finished sixth in the weight throw, throwing 60' 3". Mahlik Handley finished 11th with a throw of 56' 7.25".
- John Kahrs and Eric Wicks finished sixth and seventh in the high jump, each marking 6' 8.75".
- Nigel Hill qualified for the 60 meter dash finals, placing fifth in the prelims with a time of 6.91 seconds. He placed seventh in the semis, with a qualifying time of 6.86 seconds. He also finished first in the 200 meter dash prelims, clocking in at 21.22 seconds for a spot in the finals.
- Anthony Delasanta placed fifth in the 400 meter dash prelims with a final qualifying time of 47.90 seconds.
- Marlon Montague qualified for the 500 meter finals with a time of 1:03.93, good for fourth in the prelims.
- The 4x400 meter team of Max Dickens, Adam Franklin, Montague, and Delasanta qualified for the finals with a time of 3:12.43 in the prelims.
- In the heptathlon, Drew Nealey finished sixth in the 60 meter hurdles with a time of 8.82 seconds. However he did not score in the pole vault or 1000 meters.
The final day of competition resumes tomorrow, March 4th. For the complete schedule of events, click here.