BOSTON, MASS. - The Rhode Island men's track and field team had a strong showing, including multiple personal records at Boston University's Terrier Classic on Saturday, Jan. 27.
Highlights From the Track
- Senior Marlon Montague placed second in the 500 meter dash with a personal best time of 1:03.39. Junior De'Von McGriff finished sixth with a personal best time of 1:04.47.
- Senior John Stallworth ran the 60 meter hurdles in a personal best 8.12 seconds, good for third place.
- Senior Nigel Hill finished fourth in the 200 meter dash (21.41 seconds).
- Senior John Kahrs and sophomore Eric Wicks claimed first and second in the high jump after they both cleared 2.04 meters.
- Wicks won the pole vault and tied his personal record of 5.10 meters.
- Senior Casey Burley finished third in the triple jump with a season-best mark of 14.71 meters.
- Freshman Nathan Coogan finished sixth in the 1000 meter, running a 2:27.43- the program's fourth best all-time.
- Senior Adam Franklin placed eighth in the 400 meter dash with an indoor personal best time of 48.45 seconds.
The Rams return to the track next weekend to compete in the New England Championship.