KINGSTON, R.I. - The Rhode Island men's track & field team had a strong showing in the annual Sorlien Invite on Saturday, Jan. 20.
Highlights From the Track
- Senior Nigel Hill placed first in the 200 meter dash with a time of 21.84 seconds. Freshman Anthony Delasanta finished fourth with a time of 22.53 seconds.
- Rhode Island claimed the top four places in the 400 meter dash. Freshman Anthony Delasanta placed first, (49.89 seconds), senior Marlon Montague finished second, (50.53 seconds), junior De'Von McGriff finished third (50.84 seconds) and senior Jaleel Felton finished fourth (50.85 seconds).
- Senior John Stallworth placed second in the 60 meter hurdles (8.26 seconds). Freshman Callan Davies finished third (8.28 seconds), and junior Adam Franklin finished fifth (8.29 seconds).
- Junior Ryan Wilkes placed first in the pole vault (5.00 meters). Senior William Thibault finished third with a jump of 4.75 meters.
- The team of Max Dickens, De'Von McGriff, Jaleel Felton, and Anthony Delasanta placed first in the 4x400 meter relay.
- Seniors Casey Burley (7.18 meters) and Nigel Riley (6.77 meters) took first and second in the long jump.
- Seniors Brandon Amo (19.31 meters) and Mahlik Handley (17.68 meters) finished second and fourth in the weight throw.
- Freshman Nathan Coogan finished third in the 800 meter run, clocking in at 1:57.67.
- Sophomore Eric Wicks finished second in the high jump with a mark of 2.05 meters. Senior John Kahrs jumped 2.01 meters, good for third place.
- Freshman Ryan Roger finished third in the shot put (15.18 meters) and senior Darrik Muroski finished fourth (15.01 meters).
The Rams travel to Boston next Saturday, Jan. 27 to compete in the Terrier Classic.