Larry Ellis Invitational
Princeton University - Princeton, N.J.
Fifteen Rhode Island Rams men's track & field athletes competed in the Larry Ellis Invitational on Friday, Apr. 21 and Saturday, Apr. 22. The meet was non-team scoring.
- On Friday, Rhody had three athletes compete in the javelin and the hammer throw.
- In the javelin throw, junior Jacob Moran placed seventh with a distance of 55.62 meters (182' 6").
- In the hammer throw, senior Alex Briggs had a throw of 56.14 meters (184' 2") for ninth place.
- Sophomore Joseph Mattson finished 12th with a distance of 55.75 meters (182' 11").
- Saturday saw URI compete in the rest of their events.
- The 4x100-meter relay team of DeAngelo Berry, Joseph Carter, John Stallworth and Nigel Hill won with a time of 41.15 seconds.
- Junior John Stallworth won the 110-meter hurdles with a time of 14.43 seconds.
- Junior Nigel Hill took fourth in the 100-meter (10.78 seconds). Senior DeAngelo Berry took 11th (11.02 seconds) and sophomore Joseph Carter took 17th (11.08 seconds).
- Hill also finished fourth in the 200-meter in 21.76 seconds. Stallworth finished in the top 10, as well, with a time of 21.99 seconds for eighth.
- Sophomore Adam Franklin finished fourth in the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 53.30 seconds. Junior Anthony McQueen took 21st in 56.29 seconds.
- Sophomore Ryan Wilkes took fourth in the pole vault (16' 4.75").
- Junior Marlon Montague finished seventh in the 400-meter with a time of 48.82 seconds. Senior Jared Gray finished 11th in 49.23 seconds.
The Rams travel to Holy Cross on Monday, Apr. 24 for a quad meet with New Hampshire and Worcester State. The meet is scheduled to begin at 3 p.m.