University of Connecticut - Storrs, Conn.
The Rhode Island Rams men's track & field team finished the Northeast Challenge in second place out of six teams with 137 points.
Host-team Connecticut won the meet with 268 points. Albany (51), Southern Connecticut (49.5), Central Connecticut (40) and Northeastern (38.5) rounded off the field.
- The 4x400-meter relay team of Yeury Galva, Adam Franklin, Jared Gray and Marlon Montague won with a time of 3:16.67.
- Junior Casey Burley took second in the long jump with a PR of 7.48 meters (24' 6.5"). Burley's leap was the second-best long jump in URI history.
- Burley followed up his long jump performance with fourth in the triple jump at 15.18 meters (49' 9.75"). This was a personal best for Burley and the fourth-best triple jump in URI history.
- Junior Adam Franklin finished second in the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 54.02.
- Sophomore Ryan Wilkes finished second in the pole vault (15' 11"). Senior Ondrej Honka finished third with the same height, but Wilkes reached it in fewer attempts.
- Nigel Hill (21.78 seconds), DeAngelo Berry (22.36 seconds) and Joseph Carter (22.36 seconds) finished second-third-fourth in the 200-meter. John Stallworth also finished sixth (22.40 seconds).
- Freshman Gregory McManus followed up his record-breaking performance from two weeks ago with a third-place finish in the javelin with a distance of 61.20 meters (200' 9").
- The 4x100-meter team of Childress Cannon, Joseph Carter, John Stallworth and Nigel Hill finished third in 41.31 seconds.
- Junior Nigel Hill finished third in the 100-meter in 10.91 seconds. Joseph Carter finished fifth in 11.02 seconds.
- Junior Darrik Muroski took third in the shot put with a distance of 14.90 meters (48' 10.75"). Sophomore Nicholas White finished fifth with a throw of 13.27 meters (43' 6.5").
- The Rams took spots three through six in the hammer. Brandon Amo took third (187' 0"), Joseph Mattson fourth (179' 8"), Olusegun Vadis fifth (178' 0") and Alex Briggs sixth (177' 7").
- Junior Marlon Montague took fourth in the 400-meter with a time of 49.42 seconds.
- Freshman Sam Coppola finished fifth in the 800-meter with a time of 1:56.23.
- Sophomore Timothy Slack finished sixth in the 3000-meter steeplechase with a time of 10:10.68.
- Freshman Eric Wicks finished tied for seventh in the high jump with a height of 1.88 meters (6' 2").
- Junior Jeremy Octeau took seventh in the discus (148' 1"). Jacob Moran (144' 4"), Darrik Muroski (142' 0") and Nicholas White (141' 5") finished eighth-ninth-tenth.
- Rock Fortna (4:03.45), Abdullah Kaba (4:04.06) and Nicholas Celico (4:04.44) finished seventh, eighth and ninth, respectively, in the 1500-meter.
The Rams travel to Princeton, N.J. for the Larry Ellis Invitational on Friday, Apr. 21 and Saturday, Apr. 22. Day one is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m., while day two will start at 9 a.m.