Hurricane Alumni Invitational
University of Miami - Coral Gables, Fla.
The Rhode Island Rams men's track & field team had four athletes compete in the decathlon and hammer throw at the Hurricane Alumni Invitational at the University of Miami. The meet is non-team scoring.
- The first event of the decathlon was the 100-meter dash. Senior Michael DiMambro won the event in a personal-best 11.01 seconds, earning him 858 points, while junior Jacob Moran took sixth (11.36 seconds), earning 782 points.
- In the second event, the long jump, Moran took fourth with a leap of 6.53 meters (21' 5.25") for 704 points, and DiMambro jumped 6.41 meters (21' 0.5") for 677 points and sixth place.
- The third event was the shot put. Moran took seventh and 579 points with a distance of 1.54 meters (37' 10.5") and DiMambro finished tied for eighth (556 points) with a toss of 11.17 meters (36' 7.75").
- In the high jump, DiMambro finished fourth with a height of 1.91 meters (6' 3.25") for 723 points. Moran was tied for sixth with 644 points and a height of 1.82 meters (5' 11.5").
- The final decathlon event of the day was the 400-meter dash. In it, DiMambro finished third (50.63 seconds) for 786 points, while Moran took 10th (54.80 seconds) for 607 points.
- After day one and five events, DiMambro sits in fifth with 3600 points, while Moran holds on to seventh with 3316 points.
- Junior Brandon Amo and senior Alex Briggs were the only Rams competing in the hammer throw. Amo took sixth with a throw of 57.01 meters (187' 0") and Briggs finished seventh with a distance of 56.89 meters (186' 8").
The Rams finish the Hurricane Alumni Invitational tomorrow, Apr. 7, beginning at 9 a.m. For those that didn't make the trip down to Miami, they head to Durham, N.H. tomorrow for a quad meet with New Hampshire, UMass Lowell and Holy Cross that's scheduled to begin at 11 a.m.