NEW HAVEN, CONN - The Rams battled tough throughout the two days of competition at the 2016 New England Outdoor Track & Field Championships, however came up just short. Rhody finished with 127.50 points only to be bettered by Northeastern with 156.
Samuel Snyder was once again dominate as he has been all year long for tURI. Snyder was once again a double winner in the discus and the shot put. Snyder, who broke his own school record and set an new Atlantic 10 Conference record last week, followed it up with a personal best in the shot put of 58'10", while also winning the discus throwing 182'.
- The Rams John Stallworth took bronze in the 110m hurdles with a finals time of 14.30s, scoring six points for Rhody.
- Adam Franklin, scoring eight points for URI took second in the finals of the 400m hurdles with a time of 52.22.
- Kebba Nasso took silver and notched eight points for Rhode Island with his second place finish in the 400m dash (49.26s).
- Scoring two points for Rhody in the 100m dash was DeAngelo Berry with his seventh place finish (13.68s)
- Jared Gray scored five points toward the team score with his fourth place finish in the 200m dash with a finals time of 21.91s.
- The Ram scored a combined 12 points in the Triple Jump - Nigel Riley took 3rd (14.58m), Abdul-Lateef Orulebaja placed fifth (14.73m), and Ryan Rei finished seventh (14.16m)
- In the high jump, URI got six points from Jacob Reilly with his third place finish (2.06m) and 4.5 points from Jack Kahrs who finished in a tie for fourth place (2.01)
- The 4x800 team of Harrison Martin, Michael MacLean, Alexander McGrainer and Zach Campo scored five points toward the team score with their fourth place finish (7:49.22)