NEW HAVEN, CONN - The Rhode Island men's track & field team competed Friday in day one action of the 2016 Outdoor New England Championship - hosted on the campus of Southern Connecticut State University. After day one, the Rams lead the Huskies of Northeastern 45-34.
- Torsten Dworshak (7.11m) and Ryan Rei (6.98m) placed in fourth and eighth respectively. Nigel Riley took 12th with a jump of 6.87m.
- Nick Danner took second in the javelin with a throw of (63.95m).
- Mahlik Handley took bronze in the hammer (61.64m).
- DeAngelo Berry advanced to the finals in the 100m (10.81). Teammate John Stallworth advanced to the 110H finals (14.33) - Stallworth also advanced to the 200m dash final with a personal best of 21.95s.
- Jared Gray also advanced to the finals of the 200m with a personal best of his own 21.95s.
- Three Rams moved onto tomorrows 400m finals - Kebba Nasso, Marlon Montague and De'Von McGriff.
- Adam Franklin advanced to the finals in the 400m hurdles (52.08s).
The Rams will return for day two action of the New England Championship on Saturday with the action beginning at 10 a.m. with the men's decathlon 110m hurdles.