WORCESTER, MASS. - The Rams were back on the track on Wednesday, a day later than expected - inclement weather on Tuesday pushed the meet back a day until Wednesday with URI competing aganist Holy Cross and University of New Hampshire this afternoon. Rhody had a solid day of performances seeing five athletes set new personal bests and two setting new season bests on the afternoon.
The day was highlighted by Mahlik Handley's performance in the hammer throw. Handley achieved a new personal best of 61.64m (202' 2.75") which puts his name into the "200 club." It also moves him into fourth all-time in program history with that mark.
Other Personal and Season Bests Performances
- Samuel Snyder notched a double personal best in the shot put (17.14m, 56' 2.75) and in the discus (52.90m, 173' 6.75").
- Jack Kahrs had a season best in the high jump (2.05m, 6' 8.75").
- Nigel Hill achieved a new personal best in the 100m dash with a time of 10.79s.
- Joseph Carter clocked a new personal best in the 100m (10.97s) and in the 200m (21.81s).
- Adam Franklin (22.08s) and Jared Gray (22.15s) also reached a new personal best in the 200m.
- The 4x100 relat team of Nigel Hill, Joesph Carter, Adam Franklin and Casey Burley moved into seventh place all-time with the combined time of 41.27s.
The Rams will head to Philadelphia, Pa this weekend where they will compete in the Penn Relays. Competition begins for the Men on Friday afternoon.