SMITHFIELD, R.I. - Rhody's men's track & field team competed Saturday in wet and rainy conditions at the Black and Gold Invitational hosted by Bryant University.
The day was highlighted by double individual event winner DeAngelo Berry who took first in the 100m dash (11.11s) and the 200m dash (22.34s). Berry was also apart of the the winning 4x100 meter relay team for the Rams.
- Kebba Nasso - 400m dash (50.07s)
- Cullen Malzo - 400m hurdles (57.01s)
- 4x100 relay - DeAngelo Berry, Nigel Hill, John Stallworth, Nigel Riley (42.50s).
- Darrik Muroski - Shot Put (14.68m) and Discus Throw (42.76m).
- Joseph Mattson - Hammer Throw (53.91m)
Other Notable Performances
- Nigel Riley placed in a tie for sixth in the 100m dash with a time of 11.59s.
- In the 400m dash the Rams had five of the top 10 spots.
- Joe DiPalma finished seventh in the 800m run with a finals time of 2:02.14.
- Timothy Slack (4:12.19) placed 14th in the 1500m run. Teammates Thomas Fownes (4:14.91) and Charlie McLaughlin (4:24.88) finished 17th and 21st respectively.
- Abdul-Lateef Orulebaja with a final jump of 6.23m placed fourth in the long jump.
- Jacob Moran placed second in the discus throw (41.71m) and javelin throw (56.09m).
URI will return to competition a week from today when it travels down interstate 95 to New Haven, Conn to compete at the Yale Open. Events are set to get underway at 10 am.