KINGSTON, R.I. - The University of Rhode Island Men's Track & Field team competed Friday at the Fastrack National Invite at the Ocean Breeze Athletic Complex in Staten Island, N.Y.
Highlights From the Track:
- In the 60m dash, Rhody's Nigel Hill (6.91s) and Michael DiMambro (6.92s) finished fifth and sixth respectively.
- Jaleel Felton took silver in the 200m dash finishing with a time of 22.47s.
- In the high jump, Jack Kahrs finished in fifth place with a jump of 1.99m.
- Rhody's Ryan Wilkes took seventh place in the pole vault with a height of 4.75m.
- Casey Burley took home bronze in the long jump with a distance of 7.25m.
- Rhody's Abdul-lateef Orulebaja finished fourth in the triple jump with a total distance of 14.33m.
- The Rams had two finishers inside the top ten in the shot put; Rhody's Samuel Snyder finished in fourth with a distance of 17.63m; teammate Darrik Muroski was ninth (15.35m).
- Mahlik Handley (16.85m) and Alex Briggs (15.31m) took eighth and 11th place overall in the weight throw.
- Zach Campo ran the 800m in a time of 1:53.97.
- In the 3000m run, Rhode Island's Alec Font finished in 8:48.33.
- DiMambro finished ninth in the 60m hurdles in 8.22s; teammate Adam Franklin finished in 10th clocking a time of 8:27s.
The Rams will compete next in the Atlantic 10 Indoor Track & Field Championships. Rhode Island will be the host site for the Championships and competition will begin next Saturday, February 20 at 9 a.m. from Mackal Fieldhouse.