KNGSTON, R.I. – The University of Rhode Island Men's Track & Field team collected it's third straight team scored meet victory on Saturday when it won the Coaches' Tribute Meet. The team recorded a score of 225.5. Brown (102), Providence (77), New Hampshire (62.5) and Central Connecticut (51.5) rounded out the top five.
- In the 60m Dash, The Rams swept the top three spots with DeAngelo Berry (7.01s), Nigel Hill (7.02s) and Nigel Riley (7.09s) finishing one-two-three respectively.
- Marlon Montague (50.13s) and Jared Gray (50.60s) finished in third and fourth respectively in the 400m Dash.
- Kebba Nasso finished second in the 500m Dash in a time 1:04.87. Right behind him in third was Jaleel Felton who finished in a time of 1:05.30.
- Zach Campo finished fourth in the 1000m Run in a total time of 2:30.41. Teammate Alexander McGrainer was right behind him in fifth in a time of 2:30.78.
- Timothy Slack finished fourth in the 1 mile run.
- Jacob Reilly finished first in the high jump with a distance of 1.99m. Jack Kahrs and Ryan Rei finished third and fourth in the event.
- Ryan Wilkes took gold in the pole vault with a height of 4.80m.
- Samuel Snyder won the shot put with a throw of 17.05m. This distance is fourth all-time in program history.
The Rams will return to the track next Friday, February 12 when it competes at the Gotham Cup. Events are set to begin at 3 p.m.