KINGSTON, R.I. - The Rhode Island men's Track & Field team competed Saturday at the Terrier Classic hosted by Boston University. Rhody had seven top ten finishers, including a third place finish for Marlon Montague in the 500 meter dash.
Top Ten Finishers:
- Montague finished third in the 500 meter dash with a time of 1:03.75.
- Kebba Nasso was right behind Montague finishing fourth in the 500 meters clocking a time of 1:03.99.
- Samuel Snyder took fourth in the shot put with a distance of 16.89m.
- Nigel Riley had the sixth longest jump in the triple jump with a distance of 14.52.
- Ondrej Honka took seventh in the pole vault with a height of 4.70m.
- Jacob Reilly finished seventh in the high jump with a jump distance of 1.95m.
- Mahlik Handley took eighth place in the weight throw (17.81m).
- The relay team of Nigel Hill, Adam Franklin, Jaleel Felton and Marlon Monatgue took seventh with a combined time of 3:15.25
Other Top Performances:
- William Thibault and John Pangborn finished tied for 12th in the pole vault with a height of 4.55m.
- Harrison Martin took 10th in the 500 meter dash with a time of 1:05.22.
- Zach Campo ran a career best in the 800m with a time of 1:52.46. This time is the best in the conference on the year by a half second, and ranks third all-time in program history.
The Rams will return to competition next Saturday when it hosts the Coaches Meet. Events will begin from Mackal Fieldhouse at 11 a.m.