KINGSTON, R.I. - The Rhode Island Men's Track & Field team collected its second victory in as many weeks as it took home first place in the Joe Donahue Games hosted by Northeastern University.
Rhody captured its second straight team victory by notching a team score of 112 which was tops of the 15 team field. The remaining of the top five was, South florida (107), Northeastern (86.5), Brown (57) and New Hampshire (48). Vermont, UMass Amherst, Maine, Army West Point and Central Connecticut rounded out the top ten. The remaining teams; Holy Cross, Bryant, Harvard, new Haven and Hartford finished 11th-15th respectively.
Top Ten Performances:
- DeAngelo Berry - 60m Dash (Eighth)
- Joseph Carter - 200m Dash (Second)
- Adam Franklin - 200m Dash (Fifth)/ 500m Dash (Seventh)
- Jaleel Felton - 200m Dash (Ninth)/ 500m Run (Fifth)
- Marlon Montague - 400m Dash (Second)
- Nigel Hill - 400m Dash (Fourth)
- Jared Gray - 400m Dash (Sixth)
- De'Von McGriff - 400m Dash (Seventh)
- Zach Campo - 500m Dash (Third)
- Kebba Nasso - 500m Dash (Fourth)
- Michael MacLean - 1000m Run (Seventh)
- John Stallworth - 60m Hurdles (Seventh)
- William Thibault - Pole Vault (Eighth)
- Ryan Rei - Long Jump (Second)
- Casey Burley - Long Jump (Fourth)
- Torsten Dworshak - Long Jump (Seventh)
- Nigel Riley - Long Jump (Eighth)
- Samuel Snyder - Shot Put (Second)
The Rams will return to competition next Saturday, January 30th when it returns to Boston, this time heading to the John Thomas Terrier Classic hosted by Boston University. Start time is set for 10 a.m.