KINGSTON, R.I. - After a dominating showing inthe Sorlien Memorial Invitational last week, the Rhode Island Track & Field teams return to action on Friday as they head to Boston, Mass to compete at the Northeastern Joe Donahue Games. Events will begin from the Reggie Lewis Center at 230 p.m., with field events followed at 430 p.m., with the track portion of the meet.
Northeastern Joe Donahue Games
January 22, 2016 - Reggie Lewis Center, Boston, Mass.
Last Time on the Track - Sorlien Memorial Invitational (1st of 5)
Women's Track & Field
- 200 Meters & 500 Meters: Mariah Claudio
- 400 Meter: Dyshelle Pemberton
- 60 Meters: Brianna Robitaille
- Long Jump: Janel Conley
- Pole Vault: Karleigh Manfredi
- Weight Throw: Aysha Moreino
- Shot Put: Katja Neves
- Triple Jump: Rebecca O'Donnell
- 4x400 Relay: Jennifer Czerapowicz, Keiko Hector, Micaela McPadden, Mikaila Amerantes.
Other Top Performances:
- Nichole Barger finished third in the 1000 Meter Run with a New England qualifying mark of 3:01.15. This also marks a personal best for Barger.
- Karlee Fowler notched second place and a New England qualifying mark in the pole vault with a height of 3.45m.
- Karen Lobaton (8.98s, 3rd) and Ashleigh Marks (9.10s, 4th) both collected New England qualifying times in their performances in the 60m Hurdles.
Men's Track & Field - Sorlien Memorial Invitational (1st of 4)
- 60 Meter Dash & 200 Meter Dash: Nigel Hill (6.94s)/(22.02s)
- 400 Meter Dash: Jaleel Felton (50.41s)
- 500 Meter Run: De'Von McGriff (1:06.77)
- 60 Meter Hurdles: Adam Franklin (8.45s)
- High Jump: Jacob Reilly (2.05m)
- Long Jump: Tor Dworshak (6.82m)
- Triple Jump: Abdul-lateef Orulebaja (14.41m)
- Shot Put: Samuel Snyder (16.23m)
- Weight Throw: Mahlik Handley (17.36m)
Other Stand-Out Performances:
- In the 200 Meter Dash, Rhody clinched five of the top six spots. Joseph Carter, Franklin, Felton and Marlon Montague finished third through sixth respectively.
- Zach Campo (2:31.58), Alexander McGrainer (2:34.63) and Timothy Slack (2:36.81) took second, fourth and fifth in the 1000 Meter Run.
- 60 Meter Hurdles was all Rhody taking the top three spots and five of the eight overall. Franklin lead the way with a time of 8.45s. He was a second ahead of fellow teammate John Stallworth (8.46s).
- The Rams continued to take care of business in the 4x400 Meter Relay taking home gold, silver and bronze. The team of Franklin, Felton, Carter and Montague lead the way with a time of 3:23.63.Orulebaja (14.41m), Riley (14.28m) and Ryan Rei (14.14m) finished one-two-three in the Triple Jump.
- In the Weight Throw Rhode Island had four of the top five finishes. In the Shot Put the Rams placed first, second and fourth overall