KINGSTON, R.I. - The Rhode Island Men's Track & Field team was crowned 2016 URI Sorlien Memorial Invitational champions in dominating fashion.The Rams finished with a total team score of 103. Rhody was followed by Providence College 46 points, UMass Dartmouth 15 points and Bryant 14 points.
The Rams had winners in 11 events, including a clean sweep of the top three spots in the 4x400 Meter Relay. Rhode Island also had multiple finishers in every event inside the top five.
- 60 Meter Dash: Nigel Hill (6.94s)
- 200 Meter Dash: Nigel Hill (22.02s)
- 400 Meter Dash: Jaleel Felton (50.41s)
- 500 Meter Run: De'Von McGriff (1:06.77)
- 60 Meter Hurdles: Adam Franklin (8.45s)
- High Jump: Jacob Reilly (2.05m)
- Long Jump: Tor Dworshak (6.82m)
- Triple Jump: Abdul-lateef Orulebaja (14.41m)
- Shot Put: Samuel Snyder (16.23m)
- Weight Throw: Mahlik Handley (17.36m)
Other Stand-Out Performances:
- In the 200 Meter Dash, Rhody clinched five of the top six spots. Joseph Carter, Franklin, Felton and Marlon Montague finished third through sixth respectively.
- Zach Campo (2:31.58), Alexander McGrainer (2:34.63) and Timothy Slack (2:36.81) took second, fourth and fifth in the 1000 Meter Run.
- 60 Meter Hurdles was all Rhody taking the top three spots and five of the eight overall. Franklin lead the way with a time of 8.45s. He was a second ahead of fellow teammate John Stallworth (8.46s).
- The Rams continued to take care of business in the 4x400 Meter Relay taking home gold, silver and bronze. The team of Franklin, Felton, Carter and Montague lead the way with a time of 3:23.63.
- Orulebaja (14.41m), Riley (14.28m) and Ryan Rei (14.14m) finished one-two-three in the Triple Jump.
- In the Weight Throw Rhode Island had four of the top five finishes. In the Shot Put the Rams placed first, second and fourth overall
Rhode Island will return to competition next Friday when it competes at the Northeastern Inviational at RLC in Boston, Mass. Events are set to begin at 3 p.m.