Posted: May 09, 2015
BOSTON - The Rhode Island Men's Track & Field team was victorious at the NEICAAA New England Championships on Saturday in Boston, Mass.
- John Pangborn outthrew 19 other competitors in the javelin, winning the event with a distance of 62.08m.
- Jacob Reilly's jump of 2.09m was enough to win the high jump.
- Nigel Hill edged Jashane Brown from American International to win the 200m dash by .04 seconds, (21.48s).
OTHER URI HIGHLIGHTS
- Sam Snyder took second place in the discus throw, reaching 52.15m with his best throw. He also finished fourth in the shot put, throwing a distance of 16.07m.
- Three-time A-10 pole vault champion James Strawderman finished second in the event, despite clearing 5.15m.
- The 4x100m relay team of DeAngelo Berry, Tyler Oliveira, Hill, and Mike DiMambro took second place, finishing in 41.27s.
- The 4x400m relay team of Jaleel Felton, John Stallworth, Jared Gray, and Marlon Montague also finished second, finishing the race in 3:14.80.
- Defending Atlantic 10 Champion Mahlik Handley placed fourth in the hammer throw, reaching a distance of 59.72m.
- Alexander McGrainer earned fourth place in the 800m run, (1:51.48).
- Casey Burley jumped 7.16m in the long jump and took fifth in the event.
- Oliveira finished fifth in the 200m dash, (21.99s), and seventh in the 100m dash, (10.92s).
- Stallworth followed a second place finish at A-10s with a sixth place finish in the 110m hurdles, (14.78s).
- Felton and Gray finished sixth and seventh in the 400m dash. Felton crossed the line in 48.68s, while Gray finished in 48.77s.
- Darrik Muroski also earned points in the shot put, finishing seventh with a throw of 15.17m.
- Abdul-Lateef Orulebaja earned a point for the team in the triple jump, jumping 14.36m.
- Jack Kahrs tied for fifth in the high jump, but fell to eighth after the tiebreaker, as five athletes cleared 2.04m.
- Montague also took eighth in the 200m dash, (22.72s).