Apr 27, 2015
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The Rhode Island Men's Track & Field team had the top five runners in the 400m dash at the Brown Springtime Open on Saturday.
- Jalen Young was victorious in the 400m dash, finishing in 48.74s, just .01 ahead of teammate Marlon Montague.
- James Bloom earned the win in the mile run, crossing the line in 4:16.22.
- Jacob Reilly picked up another victory in the high jump, clearing 2.00m (6'6.75").
- James Strawderman won the pole vault for the fifth time this season, clearing 4.90m (16'0.75").
Other Rhody Highlights
- Three more Rams followed Young and Montague in the 400m dash. Aaron Libman was third (50.11s), Zach Campo was fourth (50.13s), and John DiGangi was fifth (50.52s).
- Joseph DiPalma ran the 800m run in 1:55.16, earning second place.
- Freshman Anthony McQueen took third in the 400m hurdles, crossing the finish line in 58.51s.
- Freshmen Nigel Riley and Abdul-Lateef Orulebaja earned third and fourth in the triple jump. Riley jumped 14.14m and Orulebaja jumped 14.02m.
- John Stallworth ran the 110m hurdles in 15.24s, earning a fourth place finish in the event.
- Shawn Howard finished fourth in the javelin throw (48.17m).
- Alex Briggs threw the hammer 51.45m to finish in fifth.
- Carl Whitham earned sixth place in the shot put (15.04m) and Darrik Muroski was sixth in the same event (14.77m).
- Muroski also earned sixth place in the discus (41.34m), while Zac Lawrence placed eighth (38.07m), and Whitham was 11th (34.46m).
- Jared Gray finished eighth in the 100m dash (11.88s).
- Four Rams had top-six finishes in the 200m dash: Jaleel Felton was third (22.30s), Montague was fourth (22.36s), Gray was fifth (22.51), and Libman was sixth (22.52s).
- Adam Thies finished 12th in the mile run (4:43.69).