WORCESTER, Mass. - Rhode Island competitors won 13 of the 18 events at the Holy Cross Men's Meet on Tuesday, scoring 219 team points, 72 more than second place Holy Cross.
1st - Rhode Island - 219 points
2nd - Holy Cross - 147 points
3rd - New Hampshire - 136 points
4th - Worcester State - 110 points
Rhody Event Winners
- Carl Whitham won the shot put with a throw of 14.50m.
- Mahlik Handley won the hammer throw by more than four meters, throwing 57.76m.
- John Pangborn won the javelin throw, throwing 55.70m.
- Ryan Rei jumped 6.85m to win the long jump. He also won the triple jump, jumping 13.98m.
- Jack Kahrs won the high jump, clearing 2.06m.
- James Strawderman won the pole vault for the fourth consecutive meet, clearing 4.70m.
- The 4x100m relay team of DeAngelo Berry, Tyler Oliveira, Nigel Hill, and Jalen Young finished the race in 42.26s, winning by .62 seconds.
- John Stallworth was the winner of the 110m hurdles, finishing in 15.04s.
- James Bloom won the 1500m run in 3:58.45.
- Young won the 400m dash, beating teammate Marlon Montague by a nose. Young finished in 48.65s, while Montague ran a 48.86s race. He also won the 200m dash, finishing in 22.25s.
- The 4x400m relay team of Gregory Black, Montague, Jared Gray, and Zach Campo also won the event, finishing in 3:23.38.
Other Top Finishers
- Darrik Muroski was second in the shot put with a throw of 14.50m. He was also third in the discus, with a distance of 41.70m.
- Jacob Moran placed second in the discus with a throw of 41.73m.
- Alex Briggs finished second in the hammer throw at 53.07m.
- In the javelin event, Mike DiMambro was second, (53.98m), and Shawn Howard was third, (53.08m).
- Casey Burley and Nigel Riley finished second and third in the long jump. Burley jumped 6.69m and Riley jumped 6.67m. Riley was second in the triple jump, reaching 13.74m.
- DiMambro was edged out by Stallworth in the 110m hurdles, finishing in 15.07s, just .03 behind. Pangborn was third in the same event, finishing in 15.35s.
- Oliveira finished third in the 100m dash, (10.96s).
- Alexander McGrainer finished third in the 1500m run, crossing the line in 4:02.16.
- Jaleel Felton finished third in the 400m dash, (49.73).
- Anthony McQueen earned second place inthe 400m hurdles, finishing in 56.30s.
- Rhode Island had the top six finishers in the 200m dash: Young (22.25s), Oliveira (22.40s), Felton (22.76s), Stallworth (22.85s), Gray (22.86s), Montague (22.94s).
- The second 4x400m relay team of John DiGangi, Aaron Libman, Mike MacLean, and Bloom placed second, coming in at 3:24.69.