Apr 19, 2015
KINGSTON, R.I. - Jalen Young won the 400m and 200m events and anchored the 4x100m relay team to the second-fastest time in school history at the Mark Young Yale Invitational.
- Jalen Young won the 200m dash in 21.46s and the 400m dash in 48.02s. His times rank second and third in the Atlantic 10 respectively.
- The 4x400m relay team of Jaleel Felton, Nigel Hill, Jared Gray, and Aaron Libman won the event in 3:16.77.
- James Strawderman won the pole vault as the Rams went 1-2-3 in the event. Strawderman cleared a season-best 5.05m, which is 26th in the East region. Ondrej Honka was second, clearing 4.80m, and William Thibault was third, clearing 4.65m.
- Mahlik Handley won the hammer throw, reaching 58.84m, extending his conference-lead by two additional meters.
Top Eight Finishes
- DeAngelo Berry finished third in the 100m dash, (10.78s). Tyler Oliveira was fifth in the event, (10.89s), edging out Hill, who finished sixth, (10.90s).
- Hill was also narrowly defeated by a teammate in the 200m dash, as he finished in 21.47s, 0.01 behind Young.
- Three other Rams finished in the top eight of the 200m dash: Gregory Black finished fourth, (21.65s), Berry was sixth, (21.79s), and Oliveira was seventh, (21.86s).
- Marlon Montague and Black finished third and fourth in the 400m dash. Montague ran it in 48.73s and Black was just behind him at 49.25s.
- Michael MacLean took third place in the 800m run, (1:54.79). Joseph DiPalma was seventh, (1:56.14), and Zach Campo was eighth, (1:56.17).
- James Bloom was second in the 1500m run, finishing in 3:59.89.
- John Stallworth was fifth across the finish line in the 110m hurdles, (14.92s).
- Stallworth was one of three Rams in the top eight of the 400m hurdles: Stallworth, third, 56.02s; Anthony McQueen, fourth, 57.29s; Abdul-Lateef Orulebaja, sixth, 58.03s.
- The 4x100m relay team of Berry, Oliveira, Young, and Mike DiMambro finished second, crossing the line in 41.62s.
- The second 4x400m relay team of Black, Stallworth, Alexander McGrainer, and Joseph DiPalma, was third, running the race in 3:23.00.
- Reigning Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week Jacob Reilly finished second in the high jump, (2.05m). Jack Kahrs was third in the same event, (2.04m).
- Ben Ezike and Casey Burley took the second and third sports in the long jump. Ezike jumped 6.96m and Burley hit 6.94m.
- Ezike also finished second in the triple jump, jumping 14.45m. Orulebaja took third, jumping 14.34m. Nigel Riley, Burley, and Ryan Rei earned 6-7-8 in the same event.
- Darrik Muroski edged out Carl Whitham for seventh place in the shot put. Muroski reached 15.09m, compared to Whitham's 14.89m.
- Alex Briggs placed fifth in the hammer throw, throwing 52.27m. Brandon Amo was seventh, (50.32m).
- Jacob Moran was second in the javelin throw, (55.91m). Shawn Howard was fourth in the same event, (49.12m).