KINGSTON, R.I. - The Rhode Island Men's Track & Field team will once again compete in two different meets over a four-day period. The team will travel to New Haven, Conn. on Saturday, April 18 for the Mark Young Yale Outdoor Invitational and then the Rams will head to Worcester, Mass. for the Holy Cross Invitational on Tuesday, April 21.
Mark Young Yale Outdoor Invitational
Yale University - New Haven, Conn.
Meet Information - Saturday, April 18 - 11:00 a.m.
Holy Cross Invitational
The College of the Holy Cross - Worcester, Mass.
Meet Information - Tuesday, April 21 - 11:30 a.m.
Last Time on the Track
Saturday, April 11th
George Mason Invitational - Fairfax, Virginia - FULL RESULTS
- James Strawderman won the pole vault for the third consecutive meet, clearing 4.85m and qualifying for IC4As.
- Mahlik Handley (56.63m) and Alex Briggs (51.97m) finished third and fourth in the hammer throw. Handley's throw of 56.63m was a good enough mark to qualify for IC4As. Brandon Amo finished seventh in the same event with a mark of 51.01m.
- The 4x100m relay team of Berry, Tyler Oliveira, Mike DiMambro, and Jalen Young finished fourth, crossing the line in 41.62s. The time was good enough to qualify for IC4As.
- Jack Kahrs was fourth in the high jump, clearing 2.04m and qualifying for IC4As.
- Nick Danner threw for a IC4A qualifying mark of 60.74m in the javelin, finishing in fifth place overall.
- DeAngelo Berry set a personal best in the 100m dash, finishing in 10.79s, good for sixth place and fast enough to qualify for IC4As.
- William Thibault and John Pangborn tied for sixth in the pole vault, both clearing 4.40m.
- Kebba Nasso placed eighth in the 400m dash with a time of 48.90s.
- DiMambro also competed in the long jump, placing tenth with a jump of 6.67m.
Brown University Invitational - Providence, Rhode Island - FULL RESULTS
- Jacob Reilly won the high jump, clearing 2.05m.
- Kyle St. Jean had the fourth-best mark in the javelin throw, hitting 53.82m.
- Joseph DiPalma finished fourth in the 800m run, crossing the line in 1:58.02.
- Carl Whitham placed fifth overall in the shot put with a throw of 14.64m.
- Abdul Lateef-Orulebaja finished fourth in the 110m hurdles in 15.60s.
- Aaron Libman edged out teammate Gregory Black for fifth place in the 400m dash. Libman finished in 50.40s, while Black finished in 50.83s.
- Zac Lawrence was eighth in the discus throw, reaching 40.89m.
- Shawn Howard came in ninth in the javelin throw, with a throw of 48.45m.