Apr 13, 2015
George Mason Invitational - Fairfax, Va. - RESULTS
- James Strawderman won the pole vault for the third consecutive meet, clearing 4.85m and qualifying for IC4As.
- Mahlik Handley (56.63m) and Alex Briggs (51.97m) finished third and fourth in the hammer throw. Handley's throw of 56.63m was a good enough mark to qualify for IC4As. Brandon Amo finished seventh in the same event with a mark of 51.01m.
- The 4x100m relay team of Berry, Tyler Oliveira, Mike DiMambro, and Jalen Young finished fourth, crossing the line in 41.62s. The time was good enough to qualify for IC4As.
- Jack Kahrs was fourth in the high jump, clearing 2.04m and qualifying for IC4As.
- Nick Danner threw for a IC4A qualifying mark of 60.74m in the javelin, finishing in fifth place overall.
- DeAngelo Berry set a personal best in the 100m dash, finishing in 10.79s, good for sixth place and fast enough to qualify for IC4As.
- William Thibault and John Pangborn tied for sixth in the pole vault, both clearing 4.40m.
- Kebba Nasso placed eighth in the 400m dash with a time of 48.90s.
- DiMambro also competed in the long jump, placing tenth with a jump of 6.67m.
Brown Invitational - Providence, R.I. - RESULTS
- Jacob Reilly won the high jump, clearing 2.05m.
- Kyle St. Jean had the fourth-best mark in the javelin throw, hitting 53.82m.
- Joseph DiPalma finished fourth in the 800m run, crossing the line in 1:58.02.
- Carl Whitham placed fifth overall in the shot put with a throw of 14.64m.
- Abdul Lateef-Orulebaja finished fourth in the 110m hurdles in 15.60s.
- Aaron Libman edged out teammate Gregory Black for fifth place in the 400m dash. Libman finished in 50.40s, while Black finished in 50.83s.
- Zac Lawrence was eighth in the discus throw, reaching 40.89m.
- Shawn Howard came in ninth in the javelin throw, with a throw of 48.45m.
The next meet for the Rhody Men will be the Yale Open on Saturday, April 18, in New Haven, Conn. The meet is schedule to begin at 10:00 a.m.