Posted: Apr 06, 2015
DURHAM, N.H. - Jalen Young led the way for Rhody as the Rams opened the outdoor season with a second place finish at the UNH Outdoor Season Opener.
Maine - 156
Rhode Island - 144
Dartmouth - 144
New Hampshire - 135.50
Bates - 75.50
Holy Cross - 21
Rhody Event Winners
- Jalen Young was victorious in the 200m dash, (21.99s).
- Young was also a member of the 4x100m relay team that won the event in 43.50s. The other three members were DeAngelo Berry, Tyley Oliveira, and Gregory Black.
- James Strawderman cleared 5.01m in the pole vault, winning the event by .30m.
Rhode Island Highlights
- Nigel Hill, Young, and Berry all finished in the top five in the 100m dash. Hill was second, (10.91s), Young was third, (10.95s), and Berry was fifth, (10.97s).
- Oliveira was fifth in the 200m dash, finishing in 22.43s.
- Aaron Libman ran the 400m dash in 53.40s, good enough to finish fourth. John DiGangi earned a point for Rhody in the same event, finishing in ninth, (54.79s).
- Joseph DiPalma was sixth in the 800m run, (2:07.09).
- Alexander McGrainer finished second in the 1500m run, (4:16.01). Mike MacLean finished sixth in the same event, (4:21.60).
- James Bloom earned eighth in the 5000m run, finishing in 16:13.49.
- John Stallworth picked up a fourth-place finish in the 110m hurdles, (15.26s). He also competed in the 400m hurdles, placing seventh in 1:02.70.
- Abdul-Lateef Orulebaja finished ninth in the 400m hurdles, (1:03.63), earning his first career point in an outdoor event.
- The Rhody 4x400m relay team finished the event in 3:26.92, earning second place.
- Jack Kahrs and Jacob Reilly both cleared 1.95m in the high jump, tying for third place.
- William Thibault cleared 4.56m in the pole vault to finish in fourth place.
- Ryan Rei and Orulebaja finished in fourth and fifth place respectively in the triple jump. Rei jumped 13.15m, while Orulebaja jumped 12.95m.
- Carl Whitham and Darrik Muroski both finished in the top three in the shot put. Whitham was second with a throw of 14.48m and Muroski was third with a throw of 14.42m.
- Zac Lawrence placed third in the discus throw, reaching 39.56m.
- Mahlik Handley earned fourth in the hammer throw with a distance of 52.82m.
- Nick Danner and Kyle St. Jean earned points in the javelin throw. Dnaner finished second with a distance of 55.09m and St. Jean was third with a 52.36m distance.