KINGSTON, R.I. - For the second time in less than a month, the Rhode Island Men's and Women's Track & Field teams will travel to Boston University, this time to compete in the David Hemery Valentine Invitational. The Women's meet will begin at 1:30 p.m. on Friday and the Men's meet will take place at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday.
Last Time on the Track - URI Coaches vs. Domestic Violence Invitational (February 7, 2015)
Women's Track & Field
Top 3 Finishes
- Hannah Madison won the pentathlon with a final score of 2801 points.
- Keilan Nova won the 200m with a season best and New England qualifying time of 25.55s.
- Amber Sekoll won the pole vault with a clearance of 3.45m, (11'3 3/4").
- The 4x400m relay team of Lauren Burke, Keilan Nova, Micaela McPadden, and Dyshelle Pemberton won in a final time of 3:51.70.
- Shellyann Lindo was second in the 60m with a personal best and New England qualifying time of 7.74s. Her time makes her the 4th best URI individual all-time.
- Katja Neves was second in the shot put with a best mark of 13.20m, (43'3 3/4").
- Briana Robitaille was second in the 200m with a season best and New England qualifying time of 25.60s and finished fifth in the 60m.
- Jackie Burr was third in the 3000m with a season best and New England qualifying time of 10:06.33. This makes her the 10th-best URI individual all-time.
- Janel Conley was third in the long jump with a best jump of 5.43m, (17'9 3/4").
- Lindsey Folsom was third in the pole vault with a clearance of 31.5m, (104'4").
- Micaela McPadden was third in the 400m with a season best and New England qualifying time of 59.66s.
- Dyshelle Pemberton was third in the 200m with a season best and New England qualifying time of 25.70s.
- Nichole Sarkis was third in the 800m with a final time of 2:21.03.
Men's Track & Field
- DeAngelo Berry won the 60m dash with a time of 6.91s. The time ties Nigel Hill's Gotham Cup performance for the best Rhody time this year.
- Casey Burley was victorious in the long jump with a height of 6.96m, a team-best for the season.
- Nigel Hill finished first in the 200m dash in a time of 21.80s.
- Ondrej Honka dominated the pole vault with a winning personal best clearance of 4.96m.
- Jack Kahrs won the triple jump by jumping 2.04m.
- Kebba Nasso earned the victory in the 400m dash with a time of 49.45s.
- The 4x400m relay team of Nigel Hill, Jack Kahrs, Joe DiPalma, and Zach Campo were victorious in a time of 3:24.47.