KINGSTON, R.I. - After hosting the Sorlien Memorial Invitational, the Rhode Island Men's and Women's Track and Field teams will head to Boston, Mass. this weekend for the John Thomas Terrier Classic, hosted by Boston University. The women will compete on Friday at 2 p.m., while the men compete Saturday at 11 a.m., and all events will take place at the Boston University Track and Tennis Center.
Last Time on the Track - Sorlien Memorial Invitational (January 23, 2015)
Women's Track and Field
- Janel Conley won the 60m Hurdles in a personal best and ECAC qualifying time of 8.82 seconds
- Katja Neves won the shot put with a personal best and ECAC qualifying mark of 13.57 meters (44'6 1/4"). This also ties for the 8th best URI individual all-time.
Other Top Marks:
- Alyssa Brehler placed second in the 1000m with a New England qualifying mark of 3:01.13.
- Jackie Burr was second in the mile run with a personal best and New England qualifying mark of 5:03.48.
- Mariah Claudio finished second in the 500m with a New England qualifying mark of 1:17.38, as well as, second in the 200m with a New England qualifying mark of 25.55.
- Micaela McPadden was second in the 400m with a program-best time of 59.85 seconds
- Kylie McPherson was 13th in the 60m Hurdles prelims a personal best time of 9.54 seconds
- Aysha Moreino was fifth in the weight throw with a New England qualifying mark of 15.02 meters (49'3 1/2").
- Keilan Nova was fifth in the 200m with a New England qualifying mark of 25.82 seconds
- Emily Renna finished second in the 60m hurdles with a season best and ECAC mark of 8.83 seconds.
- Chaslynn Saucier came in fifth in the 60m with a personal best and New England qualifying mark of 7.83 seconds. This ties her for the sixth best individual mark in program history.
Men's Track and Field
- Jack Kahrs won the high jump event with a height of 2.04m.
Other Top Marks:
- Jared Gray finished second in the 200m dash, (22.86s).
- The Rhody 4x400m relay team finished in second place, (3:19.40), while the 4x800m relay team was third, (7:59.70).
- Marlon Montague finished second in the 500m dash in a time of 1:05.37. In the same event, Jaleel Felton was fourth, (1:06.30), and Andrew Sakovits was fifth, (1:06.59).
- Nigel Hill followed up his Gotham Cup performance with a fifth place finish in the 60m dash, (7.05s).
- Jalen Young and Gray were fourth and fifth in the 400m dash with times of 50.11s and 50.14s, respectively.
- John DiGangi finished fourth in the 800m run, (1:56.85).
- James Bloom placed fifth in the mile run, (4:20.02).
- Jacob Reilly was third in the high jump with a height of 1.99m.
- Three Rams, Casey Burley, Ben Ezike, and Jacob Moran placed 3-4-5 in the long jump with distances of 6.79m, 6.78m, and 6.63m.
- Nigel Reilly placed fourth in the triple jump with a distance of 13.90m.
- Mahlik Handley was third in the weight throw with a distance of 17.72m.