Jan 24, 2015
KINGSTON, R.I. - Jack Kahrs was the lone event winner for Rhode Island, but many Rams had top-five finishes in the Sorlien Memorial Invitational on Saturday.
Sorlien Memorial Invitational
January 23, 2015
Mackal Fieldhouse - Kingston, R.I.
Participating Teams - Rhode Island, AIC, CCSU, SCSU, Providence, Bryant, Stonehill, Navy, UConn, UMass-Dartmouth
- Jack Kahrs won the high jump event with a height of 2.04m.
Other Top Marks:
- Jared Gray finished second in the 200m dash, (22.86s).
- The Rhody 4x400m relay team finished in second place, (3:19.40), while the 4x800m relay team was third, (7:59.70).
- Marlon Montague finished second in the 500m dash in a time of 1:05.37. In the same event, Jaleel Felton was fourth, (1:06.30), and Andrew Sakovits was fifth, (1:06.59).
- Nigel Hill followed up his Gotham Cup performance with a fifth place finish in the 60m dash, (7.05s).
- Jalen Young and Gray were fourth and fifth in the 400m dash with times of 50.11s and 50.14s, respectively.
- John DiGangi finished fourth in the 800m run, (1:56.85).
- James Bloom placed fifth in the mile run, (4:20.02).
- Jacob Reilly was third in the high jump with a height of 1.99m.
- Three Rams, Casey Burley, Ben Ezike, and Jacob Moran placed 3-4-5 in the long jump with distances of 6.79m, 6.78m, and 6.63m.
- Nigel Reilly placed fourth in the triple jump with a distance of 13.90m.
- Mahlik Handley was third in the weight throw with a distance of 17.72m.