Jan 16, 2015
The Rhode Island Men's Track and Field team competed at the NYC Gotham Cup on Friday. Multiple Rams had top ten finishes, while numerous others qualified for New Englands and finished with personal best times/scores.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Marlon Montague, Jared Gray, Gregory Black, and Jalen Young placed third with an official time of 3:19.29.
- Jack Kahrs qualified for both New Englands and IC4As, and just missed out on an event win as his height of 2.04m in the high jump was good for second place. High Jump counterpart Jacob Reilly also qualified for New Englands, jumping 1.99m in the same event.
- Freshman Nigel Hill finished ninth in the 60 meters with a New England qualifying time of 6.91.
- Young finished fourth in the 400 meters with a New England and IC4A qualifying time of 49.13.
- Casey Burley's jump of 6.87m was enough to place eighth in the long jump and qualify for New Englands. He also qualified for New Englands in the triple jump, as he finished eighth in that event, 13.90m.
- Hill also finished 15th of over 80 runners in the 200 meters, finishing the race in 22.52.
- Montague finished 12th in the 400 meters, qualifying for New Englands with his time of 49.58.
Next up for the Rams is the URI Sorlien Coed Invitational at Mackal Field House. The meet will take place on January 24, 2015 with a scheduled start time of 11 a.m.