Jay Carisella Track & Field Invitational - Northeastern University
Reggie Lewis Center | Roxbury, Ma.
Saturday, December 13, 2014
Setting the Scene
The Rhode Island men's track & field team competed in their first official meet of the season in the Jay Carisella Track & Field Invitational. Dartmouth, New Hampshire, UMass-Lowell, Sacred Heart, Holy Cross, Hartford, and host team Northeastern competed in the meet.
3. New Hampshire
4. Rhode Island
5. UMass Lowell
6. Sacred Heart
7. Holy Cross
Rhode Island Results
- Senior captain Jalen Young won the 200m (21.66s) and 400m (48.90s) events, qualifying for the IC4A Championships in both. Young's times are the best in the Atlantic 10 so far this year and nationally, he ranks 17th in the 400m and 9th in the 200m.
- Sophomore DeAngelo Berry finished second in the 60m dash (6.94s) and third in the 200m dash (22.34).
- Freshman Marlon Montague finished third in the 400m and his time of 48.99 ranks 18th nationally.
- Senior Tyler Oliveira came in fifth in the 200m dash (22.64).
- Sophomore Jared Gray placed fourth in the 500m dash (1:06.11).
- Freshman Joseph DiPalma finished sixth in the 800m run (1:59.54).
- Sophomore Alexander McGrainer was the fifth to cross the finish line in the mile run (4:25.33).
- Freshman John Stallworth was fifth in the 60m hurdles (8.55s).
- Freshman Jacob Reilly and sophomore Jack Kahrs tied for fourth in the high jump with a height of 1.99m.
- Junior Ben Ezike finished third inthe triple jump with a distance of 14.46m.
- Sophomore Mahlik Handley had the fourth furthest distance in the weight throw (16.96m).
The Rams will be off for the rest of this calendar year before returning to action in the URI Heptathlon on January 14-15, 2015.