Armory Winter Games
New Balance Track & Field Center | New York, N.Y.
Friday, February 14, 2014
Setting the Scene
The Rhode Island men's track & field team competed last night in the Armory Winter Games in New York City, N.Y. The results of the meet were on an individual basis.
Rhode Island Results
- The 4x800 relay team of John DiGangi, Alexander McGrainer, Marcos Rodriguez and Zach Campo came in first place out of three teams (7:49.88).
- DeAngelo Berry, the freshman, came in seventh of 30 in the 60-meter dash (6.98).
- In the 200-meter dash Kebba Nasso placed fifth of 43 (21.78).
- Jalen Young impressed in the 400-meter dash, placing fourth of 39 (48.20).
- In the 60-meter hurdles, Mark Castilletti finished sixth of 16 (8.25).
- The other relay team again constisting of DiGangi and Campo accompanied by Jacob Eschner and Jared Gray placed second of six teams in the 4x400 relay.
- Jack Kahrs placed third of 17 in the high jump (2.04m).
- James Strawderman tied for fourth of 12 in the pole vault (4.80m).
- In the long jump Ben Ezike placed second of 19 total jumpers (7.23m). Ezike also came in third in the triple jump (14.75).
- William Janes finished fifth of 18 in the weight throw (17.49m).
The Rams will next compete in the A-10 Championship at home in Kingston, R.I. in the Mackal Fieldhouse. The event is set to begin at 9 a.m.