2013 IC4A Outdoor Track & Field Championship
Weaver Track & Field Stadium | Princeton, N.J.
Saturday, May 11, 2013
Setting the Scene
Rhode Island competed in the IC4A Championship on Saturday. The Rams have 12 points and are in eighth place out of 28 teams. BYU (56), Rutgers (24), Bucknell (21), Cornell (20) and Manhattan/Liberty (19) are currently the top five teams.
Rhode Island Results
- Senior William Janes finished second in the hammer throw with a mark of 201'11. The distance was a personal best for Janes.
- Junior Trent Baltzell finished fifth in the decathlon with 7,075 points. Baltzell finished second in the discus (137'9), second in the javelin (192'4), seventh in the 1500m run (4:41.81), eighth in the 110m hurdles (16.20) and ninth in the pole vault (13'3.5). His score also set a new school record.
- The team of Jonathan Bartlett, Tyler Oliveira, Nicholas Guscott and Jalen Young qualified for the 4x100m relay, finishing third and in 40.99.
- Junior Mark Castilletti qualified in the sixth spot with a time of 14.16 in the 110m hurdles.
- Oliveira qualified for the 200m dash (21.38), crossing the line in seventh.
- The team of Corey Coogan, John DiGangi, Kevin Lochard and Zach Campo qualified for the 4x800m relay finals. The group finished eighth with a time of 7:33.59. The time broke a 15-year old school record of 7:35.71.
- In the 4x400m relay, the team of Young, Bartlett, Castilletti and Anthony Davidson grabbed the sixth position (3:11.90) to race in the final tomorrow.
The Rams compete in the final day of the IC4A Championship on Sunday, starting at 9:00 a.m. Click here for the list of events.