Brown Stadium | Providence, R.I.
Sunday, April 28, 2013
Setting the Scene
Rhode Island competed at the Brown Open in Providence, R.I. on Sunday. The meet was Rhody's last regular season event.
Rhode Island Results
- Senior Andrew Piscitelli won the shot put with an IC4A mark of 15.84m. He also threw an IC4A distance of 49.19m in the discus to finish second.
- A one-two finished was turned in by Trent Baltzell and Rainford Thomas in the high jump. The duo finished with marks of 2.05m and 1.95m, respectively. Baltzell's mark qualifies him for the IC4A Championship.
- Senior Shaikat Bardhan ran a time of 14.93 in the 110m hurdles to finish second in the event.
- Sophomore Andrew Sakovits finished in fourth in the 400m dash (50.17).
- A fourth place finish was turned in by Alain Moise in the 100m dash (11.41).
- Junior Jordan Burandt finished third in the pole vault with a height of 4.45m.
- Jose Ortiz crossed the line at 22.87 in the 200m dash for fourth place.
- Freshman Alex Briggs finished third in the hammer throw with a mark of 48.51m.
- Fellow freshman Kyle St. Jean finished fourth in the javelin with a throw of 50.40m.
Rhode Island competes at the Atlantic 10 Championship on Saturday, May 4 and Sunday, May 5. The Championship will be held in Charlotte, N.C. and begin at 9 a.m. on Saturday and 8:45 a.m. on Sunday.