119th Penn Relays
Franklin Field | Philadelphia, Pa.
Friday, April 26, 2013
Setting the Scene
Rhode Island competed at the 199th Penn Relays on Friday. The Rams competed in the 4x100m relay, 4x400m relay, sprint medley relay, shot put and the discus.
Rhode Island Results
- Sam Snyder finished third in the College Discus Section with a throw of 175'5. Andrew Piscitelli finished seventh with a distance of 169'5. A total of 29 athletes competed in the section. Both throws were IC4A qualifying marks.
- The team of Victor Boonham, Nicholas Guscott, Tyler Oliveira and Jalen Young finished 26th out of 71 in the 4x100m relay with a time of 41.65. The mark was also an IC4A qualifying time.
- In the Eastern Section Shot Put, Snyder (53'2.75) and Piscitelli (52'10.75) finished third and fourth, respectively, out of 28 athletes. Both marks were IC4A qualifying distances.
- The team of Young, Boonham, Mark Castilletti and Anthony Davidson ran to an 18th place finish out of 45 teams in the 4x400m relay (3:12.15). The time qualifies the team for the IC4A Championship.
- Young, Oliveira, Davidson and Zach Campo finished 12th out of 41 in the Spring Medley Championship of America, crossing the line at 3:23.30. They broke a school record of 3:25.2 that was set in 1983.
The Rams continue competition at the Penn Relays tomorrow starting at 9 a.m.