at Holy Cross, New Hampshire and Worcester State
Hart Track | Worcester, Mass.
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Setting the Scene
Rhode Island competed in Worcester, Mass at a quad meet against Holly Cross, New Hampshire and Worcester State on Wednesday. The Rams were victorious in the meet, taking the top spot with 199 points. New Hampshire finished second (143) and Worcester State came in third (122). Host school Holy Cross rounded out the group with 109 points.
Rhode Island Results
- Anthony Davidson won the 100m dash (10.77). Nicholas Guscott followed up with a second place finish (10.90). Davidson's time was an IC4A qualifying time.
- Guscott grabbed first place in the 200m dash in 21.89. Michael DiMambro finished third (22.50).
- A one-two finish was turned in by Jalen Young (47.26) and Andrew Sakovits (49.60) in the 400m dash. Jacob Eschner, Jose Ortiz and John DiGangi finished fourth (50.07), fifth (50.10) and sixth (50.36), respectively. Young's time qualifies him for the IC4A Championship.
- Senior Corey Coogan won the 800m dash with a time of 1:55.86.
- Fellow senior Shaikat Bardhan won the 110m hurdles with an IC4A time of 14.82. Freshman John Pangborn finished seventh (16.68).
- Victor Boonham won the 400m hurdles in 53.83 to qualify for IC4A's.
- The team of Boonham, Tyler Oliveira, Young and Guscott qualified for IC4A's with their first place finish (41.64) in the 4x100m relay.
- Freshman Ryan Rei reached a height of 6'8.25 for a second place finish in the high jump.
- Senior Jonathan Bartlett won the pole vault with a mark of 15'3. Jordan Burandt finish third (14'3.25).
- Freshmen Benjamin Ezike and Rei finished first (21'10) and second (20'10), respectively, in the long jump.
- Seniors Andrew Piscitelli (51'4.25) and Thaddeus Kusiak (48'10.75) finished one-two in the shot put. Piscitelli qualified for the IC4A Championship with his throw.
- Sophomore Sam Snyder won the discus with a mark of 172'11. Piscitelli finished second (167'11), Kusiak finished third (145'03) and Trent Baltzell turned in a fourth place finish (142'9). Both Snyder and Picitelli threw IC4A marks.
- Senior William Janes won the hammer throw with a mark of 195'5. Kusiak finished second in the event (184'). Both had IC4A distances.
- Sophomore Jonathan Stevens won the javelin with a distance of 187'9. Teammates Kyle St. Jean and Pangborn were right behind him in second (177'7) and third (166'11) place, respectively.
Rhode Island competes at the 119 Penn Relays on Friday, April 26 and Saturday, April 27.