George J. Sherman Family-Sports Complex | Storrs, Conn.
Saturday, April 20, 2013
Setting the Scene
Rhode Island concluded competition at the UConn Classic on Saturday. UConn won the meet with 81.5 points while Rhode Island finished second with 61.5 points and Southern Connecticut in third with 56 points.
Rhode Island Results
- Tyler Oliveira ran to a first place finish in the 200m dash (21.50). The mark qualified him for the IC4A Championship. Jalen Young finished fifth in the event with 21.83.
- Senior Andrew Piscitelli won the shot put with a mark of 54'9.25, to qualify him for the IC4A Championship. Sam Snyder finished third (50'6.25).
- Snyder won the discus with a mark of 170'8. Piscitelli following him with a second place finish (168'9). Both marks qualify the athletes for IC4A's.
- William Janes won the hammer throw with an IC4A distance of 200'6.
- Young won the 400m dash in 48.16. Anthony Davidson came in third place with a time of 48.82. Young's time qualified him for IC4A's.
- Mark Castilletti placed second in the 110m hurdles (14.40). Shaikat Bardhan was fourth (14.69). Both athletes qualify for the IC4A Championship.
- Castilletti also won the 400m hurdles in and IC4A mark of 53.29.
- The team of Victor Boonham, Young, Castilletti and Davidson won the 4x400m relay (3:14.92).
- Oliveira ran to a second place finish in the 100m dash with an IC4A mark of 10.75. Nicholas Guscott finished seventh with 11.10.
- Sophomore Ben Lakeman finished sixth in the 400m dash (50.05).
- Freshman Ryan Rei placed second in the high jump with a mark of 6'6.75.
- Benjamin Ezike finished the triple jump in second place with an IC4A mark of 47'7.75.
- Jonathan Stevens placed second in the javelin (190'5).
Rhody travels to Worcester, Mass. for a quad meet against New Hampshire, Holy Cross and Worcester State on Tuesday, April 23. The meet is set to begin at 2:30 p.m.