Mason Spring Invitational & Brown Invitational
George Mason Stadium | Fairfax, Va. & Brown Stadium | Providence, R.I.
Saturday, April 13, 2013
Results - Mason Spring Invitational
Results - Brown Invitational
Setting the Scene
Rhode Island competed at the Mason Spring Invitational and the Brown Invitational on Saturday.
Rhode Island Results - Mason Spring Invitational
- William Janes won the hammer throw with a distance of 59.86m. Teammate Thaddeus Kusiak finished third (54.66m). Both marks qualify the athletes for the IC4A Championship.
- Benjamin Ezike finished seventh in the long jump with a leap of 6.77m.
- The team of Victor Boonham, Tyler Oliveira, Jalen Young and Nicholas Guscott finished second in the 4x100m relay (41.16). The time also qualifies the team for IC4A's.
- Oliveira and Young finished fifth (10.72) and sixth (10.79), respectively, in the 100m dash. Oliveira posted an IC4A mark.
- In the 110m hurdles, Mark Castilletti finished in 14.54 for sixth place and qualified for IC4A's.
- Anthony Davidson placed second in the 400m dash with an IC4A time of 47.36.
- Boonham and Castilletti finished sixth (53.85) and eighth (53.98), respectively, in the 400m hurdles.
Rhode Island Results - Brown Invitational
- Jonathan Bartlett won the pole vault with a height of 16'0.75. The mark qualifies him for the IC4A Championship. Teammate Jordan Burandt finished third (15'1).
- Sam Snyder finished second in the shot put with an IC4A qualifying mark of 51'8.5.
- Andrew Piscitelli finished second in the discus with a mark of 164'9. The distance qualifies him for the IC4A Championship. Snyder finished third in the event (163'4) and also qualified for IC4A's.
- Ryan Rei came in fourth in the triple jump (44'10.25). He also finished fifth in the long jump with a mark of 20'10.5.
- Jonathan Stevens finished second in the javelin with a throw of 191'11. Teammate John Pangborn finished seventh (170'1).
- In the high jump Rainford Thomas finished second with a height of 6'4.75.
- Michael DiMambro finished fifth in the 110m hurdles with a time of 16.05.
Rhode Island will compete at the UConn Classic in Storrs, Conn. on Saturday, April 20. The meet is scheduled to start at 10 a.m.