Sam Howell Invitational
Weaver Track & Field Stadium | Princeton, N.J.
Saturday, April 6, 2013
Setting the Scene
Rhode Island closed out the Sam Howell Invitational on Saturday. First place finishes were turned in by Anthony Davidson and Rainford Thomas.
Rhode Island Results
- Anthony Davidson won the 400m dash with a IC4A qualifying time of 47.65. Davidson also finished second in the 200m dash (21.63) with another IC4A mark.
- Jalen Young and Tyler Oliveira also placed in the 200m dash with fifth (21.85) and ninth (21.95) place finishes, respectively.
- Rainford Thomas won the high jump with IC4A qualifying height of 6'8.25.
- Mark Castilletti placed second in 110m hurdles with an IC4A time of 14.62. Teammate Shaikat Bardhan crossed the line in fifth (14.95).
- Ronald Woodley and Benjamin Ezike finished fourth (22'8) and sixth (21'10.25), respectively, in the long jump. The duo also finished third (Woodley - 48'0.75) and fifth (Ezike - 46'1.5) in the triple jump. Woodley's triple jump distance was an IC4A mark.
- In the javelin, Jonathan Stevens finished fourth (190'10) and Trent Baltzell finished seventh (179'11).
- Jonathan Bartlett finished tied for fifth in the pole vault with a height of (14'9).
- The team of Victor Boonham, Oliveira, Woodley and Nicholas Guscott finished third in the 4x100m relay (41.41), qualifying the team for IC4A's.
- In the 4x400m relay, the team of Boonham, Young, Castilletti and Davidson finished fifth out of 31 teams and qualified for IC4A's with a time of 3:14.34.
The Rhody decathletes will compete at the Bulldog Decathlon on Thursday, April 11 and Friday, April 12 in Athens, Ga. Both days will start at noon.
Rhode Island will compete at the Mason Spring Invitational in Fairfax, Va. on Saturday April 13 at 11 a.m. The Rams will also compete at the Brown Invitational that Saturday starting at 10 a.m.